Spring is almost here! and that means 2017 is nearly a quarter of the way through already. Whew! If you guys have kept up with me and read my New Years Resolutions post then you know I set some pretty high, but hopefully attainable goals for myself for 2017. Now that we’re a few months into the new year I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how things are going for me. Here’s a quick look back on the goals I’ve set for myself this year;
- Run my first 5k – Still haven’t accomplished this, and honestly I think this is going to be the hardest one. I run multiple times a week and I find my lungs are still fighting me. If you have any pointers in the cardio department, I will gladly listen!
- Reach 100 blog followers – Also a work in progress. I’m proud of how far my blog has come so far, but I want to keep building it up to become even bigger and better. I appreciate all the support and love I have gotten from my followers thus far.
- Decrease my body fat percentage by 5% (I currently sit at about 23%)– 23% was an estimate of my body fat percentage when I wrote my New Years Resolution post in late December. I had a Styku done on January 6th and my body fat percentage was at 23.8% I need to get another one soon so I can update this number for you guys. If you don’t know what a Styku is, look into it because it’s really freakin’ bad ass. It’s a 3D body scanner that can basically tell you anything you’d want to know in regards to what kind of progress you’re making in the gym.
- Become an ambassador for a clothing or supplement company– I was offered an Ambassador position for Too Pretty mid-January! If you haven’t already go check out their swag at tooprettybrand.com and use my exclusive discount code TPHLEIBY for %15 off your entire order!
- Reevaluate my career– This is a big one for me. I’ve been a barista for the past 6 years and I started to see in the last year or so that it just wasn’t a good fit for my life anymore. I work crazy night-time hours that prevent me from spending time with my husband, and it’s in a high-volume café at that. I tried to leave many times but the timing, or the pay or something was just never quite right. I can happily say that I accepted a receptionist position that I will begin March 16th. It’s quite a change for me but I’m 100% certain it will be in my best interest. I get a normal schedule with nights and weekends off, and my new company offers on site yoga and zumba classes once a week for employees so it aligns perfectly with my fitness goals as well.
That’s just a bit of what’s been going on with me. I also want to connect with you guys though! Did you set any News Years Resolutions? How are they going so far?