I threw this together in a pinch and it more than lived up to my expectations. It was absolutely delicious! So I had to pop in real quick and share it with you guys. The only suggestion I have is to cut back on the amount of olive oil and lemon, or it can be a little bit overwhelming. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!
- 4 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- minced garlic
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced or cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a large roasting pan.
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl. Season with salt, oregano, pepper, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Place potatoes in bowl with the chicken; stir together until chicken and potatoes are evenly coated with marinade.
- Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, to prepared roasting pan, reserving marinade. Distribute potato pieces among chicken thighs. Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken broth. Spoon remainder of marinade over chicken and potatoes.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss chicken and potatoes, keeping chicken skin side up; continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F
- If you would like crispier potatoes, you can remove the chicken from the pan and broil the potatoes for an additional 2-5 minutes.
Original posting from All Recipes.