If you’ve just started on a fitness regiment it’s highly likely you’re making at least one of these mistakes and you didn’t even know it. I know I’ve made not one, but almost all of these at some point.
- Thinking more weight is better, yes you do want to gradually increase your weight to see greater results. The important thing to note here is quality over quantity, do not sacrifice good form for more weight.
- Cardio = weight loss, while having a good cardio regiment can lead to some weight loss it’s not necessarily the most effective way. If you combine cardio, weight lifting, and a good diet you’re guaranteed to see results faster.
- Watching the scale, I have said it before and I will say it again, STOP LOOKING AT THE SCALE. I’m guilty of it too, and it can be discouraging when the numbers aren’t changing or you see them go the opposite way you want them to. What’s more important is how you’re feeling, not what the number on the scale is. If you want to track your progress focus more on taking pictures and measurements.
- Thinking supplements will do the work, while supplements can be a good catalyst to push your results along, they can not do all the work for you. If you’re not willing to put in the time at the gym, or focus on a good diet, supplements will do very little for you.
- Never taking days off, I understand being motivated to want to see results but days off are important. Your muscles repair themselves while you sleep, and not getting enough rest can be not only harmful to your fitness regiment, but your health in general.
- Giving up too soon, a lot of people get discouraged when they don’t see the changes they want. It can take 2-3 months for your body to even start registering you’ve made a major diet or fitness change. Keep going, and the results with soon follow.
- Only working on one part of your body, you think your arms are fat, so you only work out your biceps and triceps. You’re going about it the complete wrong way. A lot of people don’t realize that targeted fat loss isn’t a thing, if you want your arms to slim down you need to focus on your diet, not just doing bicep curls every day.